I am an assistant professor in the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. I received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science at University of Southern California in 2022, advised by Professor Sven Koenig. I received my B.Eng. degree from Department of Automation, School of Information Science and Technology, Tsinghua University in 2017. I am interested in a variety of topics related to Artificial Intelligence and optimization, such as combinatorial algorithms, heuristic search, scheduling and planning for robotics and transportation. My current research focuses on the coordination of large teams of mobile robots.
I am always looking for self-motivated students at all levels.
- If you are a prospective graduate student and interested in working with me, please apply to one of the graduate programs offered by the Robotics Institute. Please contact me after you have been admitted.
- If you are a Carnegie Mellon student and interested in working with me, please send me an email with your CV and a short description of your background and interests.
- If you are an undergraduate student and looking for summer research opportunities, you are highly encouraged to apply to CMU’s RISS program.
I currently do not have any fundings for postdoc positions.
- [2023/07] Honored to receive the ICAPS-23 Best Dissertation Award for my dissertation!
- [2023/07] Our paper Deadline-Aware Multi-Agent Tour Planning received the Best Student Paper Honorable Mention at ICAPS-23!
- [2023/06] Honored to receive the IFAAMAS Victor Lesser Distinguished Dissertation Award for my dissertation!
- [2023/05] Organizing AAMAS-23 workshop on Optimization and Learning in Multiagent Systems.
- [2023/05] Invited talk at OMRON innovation center.
- [2023/05] Honored to receive the USC Viterbi School of Engineering Best Dissertation Award, called the William F. Ballhaus, Jr. Prize for Excellence in Graduate Engineering Research, for my dissertation!
- [2023/04] Our paper on layout optimization for multi-robot systems was accepted to IJCAI 2023.
- [2023/04] Invited talk at Robotics and Controls Seminar at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- [CFP] We are organizing SoCS 2023 Doctoral Consortium and invite all current doctoral students to apply. The submission deadline is May 4th, 2023.
- [2023/02] Organizing AAAI-23 workshop on Multi-Agent Path Finding.
- [2022/11] Our paper on MAPF for autonomous vehicle coordination was accepted to AAAI 2023.
- [2022.06] Invited talk at ICAPS-22 workshop on Heuristics and Search for Domain-independent Planning.
- [2022.05] Organizing AAMAS-22 workshop on Optimization and Learning in Multiagent Systems.
- [2022.05] Organizing AAMAS-22 tutorial on Recent Advances in Multi-Agent Path Finding.
- [2022.02] 4 papers accepted to SoCS 2022.
- [2022.02] 1 paper accepted to 、 ICRA 2022.
- [2021.12] Our paper on MAPF with precedence constraints was accepted to AAMAS 2022.
- [2021.12] 4 papers accepted to AAAI 2022.
- [2021.08] I was selected to participate in the Rising Stars in EECS 2021 workshop at MIT.
- [2021.08] Our system demonstration on railway planning received the People's Choice Best System Demonstration Award at ICAPS 2021. Check out our video here.
- [2021.05] I received a WISE Merit Award from USC.
- [2021.05] I received a Computer Science Best Research Assistant Award from USC.
- [2021.04] Our MAPF-LNS paper was accepted to IJCAI 2021.
- [2021.02] Our Flatland paper and CBICS paper were accepted to ICAPS 2021.
- [2021.02] I gave 2 virtual talks on our EECBS paper and RHCR paper at AAAI 2021.
- [2020.12] Our team "An_Old_Driver" won both Round 1 and Round 2 of the 2020 Flatland Challenge, a rail scheduling competition. I gave a virtual talk at the NeurIPS 2020 competition track.
- [2020.12] 4 papers accepted to AAAI 2021.
- [2020.10] 2 virtual talks at ICAPS 2020.
- [2020.05] 2 virtual talks at SoCS 2020.
- [2020.05] 2 virtual talks at AAMAS 2020.
- [2020.04] Our paper "Multi-Agent Path Finding with Mutex Propagation" received the outstanding student paper award at ICAPS 2020.
- [2020.04] 2 papers accepted to IJCAI 2020.
- [2020.02] Visiting the Optimization Research Group for 6 months at Monash University, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
- [2020.02] A talk at EAAI 2020 in New York, NY, USA.
- [2020.01] 2 papers accepted to ICAPS 2020.
- [2020.01] A paper and an extended abstract accepted to AAMAS 2020.
- [2019.11] Visited Prof. Ariel Felner's group for 2 weeks at Ben-Gurion University, Be'er Sheva, Israel.
- [2019.10] A talk at the Amazon Research Awards – Robotics Symposium in Boston, MA, USA.
- [2019.08] 2 talks at IJCAI 2019 in Macau, China.
- [2019.07] 2 talks at ICAPS 2019 in Berkeley, CA, USA.
- [2019.05] Summer research intern at Amazon Robotics, Seattle, WA, USA.
- [2019.05] A paper accepted to IJCAI 2019.
- [2019.03] Received a Technology Commercialization Award from the USC Stevens Center for Innovation Technology.
- [2019.02] 2 short papers accepted to ICAPS 2019.
- [2019.01] 2 spotlight talks at AAAI 2019 in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- [2019.01] A paper and an extended abstract accepted to AAMAS 2019.
- [2018.12] Visited Prof. Ariel Felner's group for 3 weeks at Ben-Gurion University, Be'er Sheva, Israel.
- [2018.11] 3 papers accepted to AAAI 2019.
- [2018.04] A paper accepted to IJCAI 2018.
- [2018.01] An extended abstract accepted to AAMAS 2018.
- [2018.01] A short paper accepted to ICAPS 2018.
- [2017.08] PhD student at USC!